Đề thi thử Đại học môn Tiếng Anh khối A1 năm 2013 (có đáp án)- Đề số 3
Tham khảo đề thi thử đại học môn tiếng anh năm 2013.
Chúc các bạn thành công!
Chọn từ có trọng âm nhấn vào âm tiết ở vị trí khác:
1. A. cosmetics
2. A. lemon
3. A. modernise
4. A. vacancy
5. A. enjoy
Chọn đáp án để hoàn thành câu:
6. We carried out a careful ………………..of the area.
7. In the primary school , a child is in the ………….. simple setting.
8. After the …………….. of the new manager the staff worked more effectively.
9. The doctor took one look at me and said that I was …………. overweight.
10. Try and see things from my point of view, and be a bit more ………….. .
11. There were 50 ………………in the talent contest.
12. His performance in King Lear was most ………….. .
13. Many trains have been cancelled and long ……………………are expected.
14. The journalist refused to …………………….. the source of his information.
15. The existence of many stars in the sky ……… us to suspect that thre may be life on another planet.
C. have led
16. Be careful with your gun! You may ………… somebody.
17. Some of the passengers spoke to reporters about their ……. in the burning plane.
18. After the enormous dinner he had to ………. his belt.
19. Throw away that old vase. Its ………… .
20. – Is the lift is working?. – No , its …………Lets use the stairs.
A. out of work
C. in danger
D. out of order
21. These people …………… for the most successful company in the town.
A. are seeming to work
B. seem working
C. seem to be working
D. are seeming to be working
22. …………in the hospital for 4 years, he has decided to give up his work.
A. To work
C. Being working
23. She has been sleeping for 10 hours! You …………her up.
A. had better to wake
B. may wake
C. must wake
D. would like to wake
24. People think that an apple ………….. is good for you.
A. in a day
B. for a day
C. for every day
D. a day
25. I’ll never forget ………….. you have told me.
C. anything that
D. all are correct
26. Its wonderful here tonight ! Its ………. I have ever enjoyed agarden party.
A. a long time
B. the first time
D. several times
27. He……… the plants. If he had, they wouldnt have died.
A. neednt have watered
B. cant have watered
C. shouldnt water
D. couldnt water
28. What a fool I am! I wish I ……………. the choice.
A. didnt make
B. wouldnt make
C. hadnt made
D. werent making
29. People prefer watching TV these days ………. listening to the radio.
A. more than
B. rather than
30. My friend is still optimistic ……………many difficulties he has to overcome.
31. The sign says, “Private keep out”. You ………go in there.
A. dont have to
B. havent got to
32. When his alarm went off, he shut it off and slept for ………..15 minutes.
D. the others
33. A few months ago I moved into a very small flat after …….. for years with my parents.
A. be living
B. having lived
C. being lived
D. have living
34. On being told about her sack, ……………… .
A. her boss felt sorry for Mary
B. Mary was shocked
C. Marys face turned pale
D. all are correct
35. …………… down to dinner than the telephone rang again.
A. No sooner I sat
B. No sooner had I sat
C. Not only I sat
D. Not only had I sat
Đọc bài văn, chọn đáp án điền vào chỗ trống:
With the (36)____the motor car at the end of the last century a new era in personal transport was born. The early motorist had his problems _ the biggest one being (37)___ his vehicle would start or not. This problem has completely disappeared today, but others have taken its (38)__. More traffic and faster vehicles mean that (39)_____ a car may be, its driver has to have much greater driving skill than before.
Todays drivers cant neglect their own personal (40)____ for the accidents that happen on the road every year. A good driver has many things in his qualities. Some of them, such as experience and skill, will come only (41)__, but attitude _just as important _ must be part of him from the beginning. These qualities are a sense of responsibility for the safety of others, a determination to (42)__ the job of driving, patience and courtesy. Together, these become (43)____ is generally known as the drivers attitude.
(44)_____, every driver must make a real effort to develop these qualities and this effort must start from the very beginning of the first driving (45)___ .
36. A. coming
37. A. when
38. A. place
39. A. however safe and reliable
B. however safely and reliably
C. how safe and reliable
D. how safely and reliably
40. A. right
41. A. on time
B. from time to time
C. in one time
D. in time
42. A. choose
B. focus on
43. A. that
44. A. Moreover
D. So far
45. A. lesson
Đọc bài văn, chọn đáp án điền vào chỗ trống:
People have always dreamt of living forever. Although we all know this will (46)___ happen, we still want to live as long as possible. (47)__, there are advantages and disadvantages of a long life. In the first place, peole who live longer can spend more time with their family and friends. Secondly, (48)___ have busy working lives look forward to a long, (49)_______ life, when they can do the things theyve never had time for.
(50)___, there are some serious disadvantages. Firstly, many people become ill and consequently have to spend time in hospital or become burden (51)_____ the children and friends. Many of them find this (52)___ annoying or embarrassing. In addition to this, (53)_____, the fewer friends they seem to have because old friends die or become ill and its often (54)_____ to make new friends.
To sum up, living to a very old age is worthwhile for those who stay (55)_________ to remain independent and enjoy life.
46. A. hardly
D. all are correct
47. A. Naturally
48. A. people
B. people who
D. everyone who
49. A. relax
50. A. In other words
B. For example
C. On the other hand
D. Contrary to
51. A. of
52. A. dependence
53. A. when people get older
B. when the older people get
C. the older people get
D. the old people get
54. A. strange
55. A. healthy enough
B. enough health
C. also healthy
D. even health
Đọc đoạn văn và trả lời câu hỏi:
Americasfoods began to affect the rest of the world. American emphasis on convenient and rapid consumption is best represented in fast foods such as hamburgers, French fries, and soft drinks. By the 1960s and 1970s fast foods became one ofAmericasstrongest exports as franchises for Mc Donalds and Burger King spread through Europe and other parts of the world, includingRussiaandChina. Traditional meals cooked at home and consumed at a leisurely pace _ gave way to quick lunches and dinners eaten on the run as other countries imitated American cultural patterns.
By the late 20th century Americans had become more conscious of their diets, eating more poultry, fish and vegetables, and fewer eggs and less beef. Cooks began to rediscover many world cuisines in forms closer to their original. In California, chefs combined fresh fruits and vegetables available with ingredients and spices borrowed from immigrant kitchens to create an innovative cooking style that was lighter than traditional French, but more interesting and varied than typical American cuisine. Along with the states wines,California cuisine took its place among the acknowledged forms of fine dining.
56. Fast foods such as hamburgers, French fries, and soft drinks ………
A. are traditional meals of the USpeople.
B. are popular because of their nutritious values.
C. became more popular than meals cooked at home in China.
D. became popular with other European and Asian countries.
57. Which of the following is similar in meaning to the word cuisine?
B. style of cooking
58. What is the main idea of the first paragraph?
A. Americascuisine used to have an influence on many countries.
B. Fast foods became one of Americas strongest exports.
C. Mc Donalds and Burger King are American food suppliers successful in Europe.
D. Traditional meals cooked at home and consumed at a leisurely pace are not common in theUS.
59. Which of the following statements is true?
A. By the late 20th century, fast foods had lost their popularity in the USA.
B. Americans used to eat more poultry, fish, and fresh fruits and vegetables than they do now.
C. Cooking styles of other countries began to affect Americas by the late 20th century.
D. Fewer eggs and less beef in American diet made them fitter.
60. An innovative style of cooking was created inCalifornia ………..
A. to attract more immigrants to the state.
B. and made the states wines well-known.
C. by borrowing recipes from immigrant kitchens.
D. by combining the local specialities with immigrants spices.
Đọc đoạn văn và trả lời câu hỏi
Today the most universally known style of trousers for both men and women is jeans; these trousers are worn throughout the world on a variety of occasions. Also called levis or denims, jeans have an interesting story.
The word jeans is derived from the name of the place where a similar style of pants developed. In the 16th century, sailors from Genoa, Italy, wore a unique tyle of cotton trousers. In French, the word for the city ofGenoa and for the people from that city is Genes, this name became attached to the trousers and developed into the word jeans.
Similar to the word jeans, the word denim is also derived from a place name. In the 17th century, French sailors began making trousers out of a specialized type of cloth that was developed in the city of Nimes, France and was known serge de Nimes. This name eventually developed into denim, the material which jeans are made and an alternative name for these popular pants.
The word levis came from a person. In the 19th century, Levis Strauss tried to sell heavy canvas to miners taking part in the hunt for gold in northernCalifornia. He intended for this canvas to be used by miners to make heavy-duty tents. This first attemp was a failure but he later found success when he used the canvas to make indestructible pants for the miners. He changed the fabric from brown canvas to blue denim, creating a style of pants that long outlived him and is now referred to by his name.
61. All of the following are mentioned in the passage aboutGenoa except that it ………..
A. was the source of the word jeans
B. is in Italy
C. has a different name in French
D. is a landlocked city
62. The word denim was most probably derived from …….
A. 2 French words
B. 2 Italian words
C. 1 French word and 1 Italian word
D. 3 French words
63. All of the following are mentioned in the passage about Levis Strauss except that he ………..
A. failed to sell heavy canvas to miners to make tents
B. dyed the cloth from brown to blue
C. made his success in creating a new style of trousers
D. was an immigrant to America
64. To develop the pants for which he became famous,Levis did which of the following?
A. He studied tailoring in Nimes
B. He used an existing type of material
C. He experimented with brown denim
D. He tested the pants for destructability
65. This passage is developed by………
A. mentioning an effect and its causes
B. explaining history with 3 specific cases
C. demonstrating the sides of an issue
D. developing the biography of a famous person
Chon phần gạch chân cần được sửa:
66. Visitors may realize that even though they cant make their homes in Da Lat city, they can take away with them memories of their beauty.
A. may realize
B. even though
D. their beauty
67. His long-suffered parents are always ready to help him whenever he is in trouble.
B. ready to help
68. Bells told people of happy events, such as weddings and born or, sometimes had to announce unpleasant events such as a death
C. had to
D. unpleasant events
69. Everyday in summer, but especially at the weekends, all kinds of vehicles bring crowds of people to enjoy the various attraction.
A. especially at
C. crowds of people
D. various attraction
70. The young are thought to be the future leaders of the country, and it is essential that they should understand their heritage as full as possible.
A. The young
B. are thought to be
D. as full as possible
Chọn câu có nghĩa gần với câu cho sẵn:
71. Betty isnt much heavier than Ann.
A. Betty and Ann are exactly the same weight
B. Betty is slightly less heavy than Ann
C. Ann weighs a little more than Betty
D. Ann weighs slightly less than Betty
72. You may get cold on the way so take the coat.
A. To take the coat you will get cold on the way.
B. In case youre cold on the way ,you should take a coat.
C. If you didnt take a coat , youd be cold on the way.
D. Only if you get cold can you take the coat.
73. I whispered as I didnt want anybody to hear our conversation.
A. So as not to hear our conversation I whispered.
B. Since nobody wanted to hear our conversation I whispered.
C. I lowered my voice in order that our conversation couldnt be heard.
D. Because I whispered , nobody heard our conversation.
74. “May I have some chocolate, mum?” said the boy.
A. The boy asked his mother to have some chocolate.
B. The boy begged his mother to have some chocolate.
C. The boy asked for some chocolate.
D. All are correct.
75. John asked Mary if it was the blue one or the green she wanted.
A. “Which one did she want, the blue or the green, Mary?” asked John.
B. “Which one did you want, the blue or the green?” asked John.
C. “Which one does Mary want , the green or the blue?” asked John.
D. “Which one do you want, the blue or the green, Mary?” asked John.
Chọn câu được viết tốt nhất với các từ cho sẵn:
76. We / informed / most / animals / zoo / starving / death.
A. We have informed that most of the animals at the zoo are starving to death.
B. We have informed that most of animals at the zoo are starving and death.
C. We have been informed that most animals at the zoo are starving and death.
D. We have been informed that most of the animals at the zoo are starving to death.
77. It / better / play safe / exams / give / original answer.
A. Its often better to play safe in exams than to give an original answer.
B. Its often better playing safe in exams than to give an original answer.
C. Its often better to play safe in exams than giving an original answer.
D. Its often better playing safe in exams than giving an original answer.
78. small shopkeeper / face / fierce competitiveness / supermarkets.
A. The small shopkeeper is faced fierce competitiveness of supermarkets.
B. The small shopkeeper is facing fierce competitiveness from supermarkets.
C. The small shopkeeper is being faced fierce competitiveness of supermarkets.
D. The small shopkeeper has been facing fierce competitiveness from supermarkets.
79. I / not be / trouble / police / now if / take / your advice / first place.
A. I wouldnt be in trouble with the police now if I had taken your advice in the first place.
B. I wouldnt have been in trouble with the police now if I had taken your advice in the first place.
C. I wont be in trouble with the police now if I take your advice in the first place.
D. I shouldnt have been in trouble with the police now if I have taken your advice in the first place.
80. Hardly / I / go back / sleep when / loud noise / woke / up.
A. Hardly had I gone back to sleep when a loud noise woke me up.
B. Hardly I had gone back to sleep then a loud noise woke me up.
C. Hardly had I gone back to sleep and did a loud noise wake me up.
D. Hardly I had gone back to sleep when a loud noise woke me up.
Bài cùng chuyên mục
- Đề và đáp án thi thử Đại học môn Tiếng Anh mã đề 132 trường THPT Lý Tự Trọng năm 2014
- Đề thi thử Đại học môn Hóa học trường THPT Yên Thành 2 – Nghệ An năm 2014 có đáp án
- Đề thi thử Đại học môn Tiếng Anh trường TPHT Chuyên Nguyễn Quang Diệu năm 2014 có đáp án
- Đề thi thử Đại học môn Tiếng Anh trường THPT Văn Quán – Vĩnh Phúc năm 2014 có đáp án
- Đề thi thử Đại học môn Tiếng Anh trường THPT Lương Thế Vinh – Hà Nội có đáp án